Explanation of the Text 1 Thess 2:17-18 Paul embarrassed, Frustrated and HINDERED

1Th 2:17  Brothers and sisters, we have been separated from you for a little while. Although we may not be able to see you, you're always in our thoughts. We have made every possible effort to fulfill our desire to see you. 
1Th 2:18  We wanted to visit you. I, Paul, wanted to visit you twice already, but Satan made that impossible.  G.W. translation

Notes. Brothers and sisters, we have been separated from you for a little while.   In other words He had been torn way from them and felt like an Orphan feels. Jn  14:16 I will not leave you as orphans I will come to you.  This had been a painful separation like a bereavement. When he left in a hurry he did not know that it would be for such a long time. Acts 17:10 he went to Berea.

Out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you.. 
WE endeavoured all the more earnestly, with intense longing, to see you face to face. WNT.

Application: So even the Great Apostle could not always go or do what he wanted, even though he longed to see them intensely.

1Th 2:18  We wanted to visit you. I, Paul, wanted to visit you twice already, but Satan made that impossible.  G.W. translation
Paul had sent Timothy twice. The first time to see how they were and the second time with this Epistle. 1 Thess 3:2; and 5.  




but Satan hindered us. 2Co 12:7  And judging by the stupendous grandeur of the revelations--therefore lest I should be over-elated there has been sent to me, like the agony of impalement, Satan's angel dealing blow after blow, lest I should be over-elated. 
2Co 12:8  As for this, three times have I besought the Lord to rid me of him; 
2Co 12:9  but His reply has been, "My grace suffices for you, for power matures in weakness." 

The Apostle Paul recognized the hand of Satan in frustrating all his attempts to go to Thessaloniki.


Job 1:12  And Jehovah said to Satan, Behold, all that he (Job) has is in your power. Only do not lay your hand upon him. And Satan went forth from the presence of Jehovah. 
Job 2:6  And Jehovah said to Satan, Behold, he is in your hand, but save his life. 
Job knew what it was like to afflicted by Satan.
Dan 10:10  And behold, a hand touched me, which set me shaking on my knees and the palms of my hands. 
Dan 10:11  And he said to me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright. For to you I am now sent. And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood trembling. 
Dan 10:12  Then he said to me, Do not fear, Daniel; for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and to chasten yourself before your God, your words were heard. And I have come for your words. 
Dan 10:13  But the ruler of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days. But lo, Michael, one of the chief rulers, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. 
Dan 10:14  Now I have come to make you understand what shall happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is yet for many days. 
Dan 10:15  And when he had spoken such words to me, I bowed my face toward the ground, and I became dumb. Daniel's prayers were hindered by the 
prince of ... Persia — the angel of darkness that represented the Persian world power, to which Israel was then subject. This verse gives the reason why, though Daniel’s “words were heard from the first day” (Dan_10:12), the good angel did not come to him until more than three weeks had elapsed (Dan_10:4).
one and twenty days — answering to the three weeks of Daniel’s mourning (Dan_10:2).
Know that Satan is often behind embarrassments and Frustrations in life, as he wants to HINDER us in the accomplishing the Will of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explanation of the Text: 1 Thess 5:5-6 Offspring of the LIGHT.

Explanation of the Text 1 Thess. 2:7 Paul's Gentle Approach to the Thessalonians

Background to 1 Thessalonians